Every year thousands of women face their worst nightmare when they come to realise that their spouses have cheated on them. While most women consider terminating their current relationship after learning the truth, many choose to forgive their cheating partners.
There are a number of women who believe that they will be able to overcome the hurt they feel and find happiness in their marriage post-infidelity. Others can’t come to terms with the fact that their husbands were cheating on them with someone else while they were struggling alone with the kids and the demands of daily life. Experiences such as these are nothing short of traumatic. Yet there are women who tolerate their spouse’s unfaithful behaviour and work hard to salvage their severely battered relationships.
Deciding Whether to Stay or Not
Women are more likely to try and save their relationship if their husbands seem genuinely remorseful about their infidelity. But if the husband has had full blown affairs in the past or engaged in romantic encounters with his ex, the wife may not seem as eager to patch things up and move on. One of the main reasons why women forgive their cheating husbands is because they find it challenging to deal with the emotional and practical aspects of getting a divorce. They have to think long and hard before throwing in the towel and walking away from the life they were so used to living with their husband and children.
Common Reasons Why Wives Stay with Their Cheating Husbands:
- They stay when they know that the affair has ended and their husbands promise to make amends
- They realise that being a single parent is not a better solution than staying and fixing the relationship
- They worry about the emotional aspect of an adulterous relationship. Women are more likely to think carefully about the situation if their husbands come clean about the affair and admit that they were only physically and not emotionally involved with someone else
- Some women forgive their partners and try to mend the relationship for religious or financial reasons. Others do it because they wish to keep their families intact
- They think their husbands will change
- They don’t want to end up living life alone
While the reasons are many, the emotions that most women go through after uncovering the cold hard facts are the same. Infidelity is a terrible breach of trust that deeply alters the dynamics of a relationship. As private investigators in Australia, we help people put an end to their suspicions by investigating matters pertaining to infidelity. With our knowledge, experience, and high-tech equipment we can tell you whether your spouse is having an affair behind your back. So if you feel something’s amiss, give us a ring and tell us your concerns. We’ll discreetly handle the matter and give you all the information you need to take the next step.
Call us on 1300 365 883 for a private discussion.